Update on the 28XX/38XX production programme
We have now fixed the Production Programme at a total of 60 locomotives made up of :
• 15 square frame Churchward open cab 28XXs
• 30 curved frame Churchward open cab 28XXs
• 15 curved frame Collett enclosed side window cab 38XX (2884) locomotives.
At the date of preparation of this note more than half the engines have been reserved, but we have the following locomotives still available:
• 6 square frame Churchward cab of which there are 4 GWR green and 2 BR Black
• 13 curved frame Churchward cab of which there are 8 GWR green and 5 BR Black
• 8 curved frame Collett cab of which there are 3 GWR Green, 1 GWR Black, 4 BR Black.
The tender choice is between the most common Churchward 3,500 gallon tender and also the less used Collett 3,500 gallon tender. The vast majority of the engines ran with the Churchward tender, so we have allocated these to the available production models. However we will have some spare Collett 3,500 gallon tenders available if these are requested in place or in addition to the Churchward tenders. In particular several of the 38XX locomotives did run with Collett 3,500 gallon tenders. In some ways in terms of the continuity of design lines the Collett 3,500 gallon tender looks the most elegant especially with the 38XX Collett side window cab locomotives. One 38XX engine has also run in preservation with a Collett 4,000 gallon tender. This could also be provided as a special order if required.
CLICK HERE to go to the 28XX/38XX page where you will find an updated availability list and a reservation form to ensure you get the model you want.
1 November 2018